The Sangeet Society is a not-for-profit cultural organization based in the Delaware Valley. The purpose of The Sangeet Society is to establish a musical and dance Society open to the general public to promote and foster an appreciation of Hindustani (North Indian) Classical music and dance, through concerts, classes, lectures, seminars, exhibits and other appropriate means.
The Sangeet Society will be conducted by elected officers who are members of the community. The Society will provide services for supporting the needs of Hindustani classical music to the community throughout the year. The Society will serve to support and assist with any Hindustani Classical Music needs in this region.
The specific objectives and purposes of Sangeet Society are:
A. Promote Hindustani Classical music;
B. Promote Hindustani Classical inspired and/or influenced music;
C. Organize Hindustani Classical music concerts in the Delaware Valley Region;
D. Promote local Hindustani classical music artists; and
E. Provide educational sessions for Hindustani classical music in the Delaware Valley Region.
The services provided by the Society are:
(1) Organizing concerts with professional artists of Hindustani classical music. Performances may include – Vocal, Flute, Sitar, Tabla, Sarod, and other musical instruments
(2) Arranging and coordinating artists for house concerts, festivals, landmark occasions, such as birthdays, anniversaries.
(3) Organizing group discussions and demonstrations of Hindustani classical music,
(4) Provide educational resources for Hindustani classical music in the Delaware valley region.
(5) Society will serve as a focal point for people interested in Hindustani classical music and will provide listing of area resources of Hindustani classical music.
The services provided by the Sangeet Society are NOT intended for profit. They are focused on providing access to and supporting the needs of Hindustani classical music to the community in the Delaware Valley. The Society is funded through membership, and through donations. In addition, the officers of the Society will apply for funding through state, federal and private grants for specific performances.
The membership fee for Sangeet Society is $40 (annual member: January to December), $400 (life member).
-All members and their family members will receive a discount of 25% on each ticket/admission to every concert/event organized by society.
-Life members will also receive two complimentary tickets every calendar year for a Sangeet concert/event of their choice.
- Other member benefits- 10% discount (excluding alcoholic drinks) at India Grille and Nirvana Indian restaurants in Wilmington, DE